Happy Birthday Mr. Fix-it
When I saw these tool dies from Spellbinders I knew they would make great masculine birthday card, not to say women don't also used tools, but I think more guys that gals do.
I wanted to the tools to look like they were hanging from a peg board, so I pulled out My Favorite Things Swiss Dots Background Die and it was perfect. I cut it from Kraft cardstock and ink blended the edges. For the backing behind the peg board I took a rectangle 1/8" smaller than the dots and ink blended it a darker brown. I added thin strips of foam tape behind the dotted rectangle to give a more realistic look of a peg board and adhered it to a dark brown cardbase.
The tools have a lot of different layers. I cut all the metal parts of the tools from silver mirror cardstock. Depending on the handle I cut them from either blue or brown cardstock. If they were wood I embossed them with a Sizzix Lumber 3D Embossing File. I link blended the wood handle parts to bring out the wood texture. The small accent on the hammer and the paint were cut from yellow. The tools where then adhered to the peg board with liquid glue.
· Spellbinders All the Tools Dies
· Microsoft Word Sentiment Strip
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Gina K. Designs Dark Chocolate, Kraft, and Island Blue Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Kraft, Warm Cocoa, and Dark Chocolate Inks
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Yellow Cardstock from Scraps
· Sizzix 3D Texture Lumber Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things Swiss Dots Background Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive