Happy Birthday Dreams of Love
Updated: Mar 10
Red is one of my favorite colors. I love the bright, happy feel it gives. This is a Penny Black easy brushstroke stamp. I used Arteza Real Brush Markers to color the image. You add the ink where you want it on the stamp and spritz it with water and then stamp. I have found that for me Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock gives the best results for this type of stamp. To get the best image you usually need to stamp two or three times. I didn't spritz the black stamen on the flower but rather colored them directly on the paper. Using black can be tricky to keep it from bleeding into areas where you don't want it.
Once the coloring was complete I cut down the image with a stitched rectangle and matted it with black. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right of the card and then added sticky back foam to the back of the panel and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase. Three red sequins were added around the sentiment.
· Penny Black Dreams of Love
· Altenew Birthday Greetings
· Arteza Real Brush Markers: 101 Red, 194 Tomato Red, 104 Noir, 126 Crocodile Green
· VersaFine Claire Nocturne Ink
· Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Mix Sequins
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive