Happy Birthday Dan
My brother-in-law Dan has a birthday on our anniversary. He is a wonderful member of our family and we love his very much. He is always striving to let others know how much they are loved and appreciate. He is truly an uplifting personality. What better birthday card could I give him than a bouquet of balloons.
I stamped the balloon bundle set with a light gray ink and left it in place in the MISTI. I then colored the balloons in an array of rainbow colors with Copic Markers and then stamped the image again with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold. It was cutout using the coordinating die. It was also cut again from sticky back foam. I find this an easy way to add dimension to an image, particularly when they have very think elements, such as strings.
Last week I created a lot of hot foil backgrounds and filed them away to use on future cards. I pulled out this overfoiled diagonal strips, which is what is created by foiling the leftover from an original hot foiled image or background. It had been cut down to remove any of the edges that didn't foil well and was the perfect background for these balloons. It was adhered to a top folding cardbase with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape, which has a low loft and can be combined with fun foam and still go through the regular mail with a Non Machine Sort stamp.
I went through the sentiment I had foiled previously and selected this "happy birthday" sentiment strip. It was adhered below the balloons and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things Balloon Bundle
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Sentiments
· Spellbinders Glimmer Diagonal Stripes
· Copic Markers: B26, B23, B21; BG15, BG13, BG11; YG67, YG17, YG03; G46, G43, G40; R29, R27, R24; YR09, YR07, YR04; Y17, Y15, Y13; V09, V06, V04; R08, R05, R02
· Gemini Papercraft Gold Foil
· VersaFine Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Folder
· Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Sticky Back Foam