Happy Birthday Circle with Candles
I like stretching my dies by combining two different dies to create something new. This card uses with Simon Says Stamp birthday dies.
Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday Circle die was cut from some Island Blue Cardstock from Gina K. Designs. This die comes with a cupcake for the center, but I wanted to use the candles from the Simon Says stamp Birthday Candles Die instead. The candle die cuts out a negative circle with the the candles in the center. I used a circle die just larger than the original to actually create a free standing die cut. The two were adhered together with liquid glue.
A stitched rectangle was cut to be just larger than the focal image. The sentiment circle and candles were adhered with liquid glue. There was a lot of open space at the bottom of the panel so I pulled out a chevron die and a thin strip die to add below the focal image sentiment. They were adhered with liquid glue as well. The panel was matted with a gold glitter rectangle 1/8" larger than the stitched rectangle. The two were adhered together with double-sided tape.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the focal image rectangle and then adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
· Simon Says Stamp Birthday Circle Die
· Simon Says Stamp Birthday Candles Die
· Simon Says Stamp Strips 1 Die
· My Favorite Things Chevron Stripes Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Island Blue Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Ranger Stickles Golden Rod
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Darice Sticky Back Foam