Happy Birthday Balloon Bouquet Shaker
I recently purchased the Spellbinders Floating Balloons 3D Embossing Folder and wanted to use it on a car. I embossed a quarter sheet of white cardstock and decided to color the balloons with Copic Markers. I used orange, yellow and a teal blue, which are complementary colors on the color wheel.
I decided to use it as a backer to a shaker card. I cut out a frame with the Mama Elephant Madison Avenue Frame Tag, added some acetate to the back with dotliner adhesive, and then added strips of 3M Foam Tape to the back of the frame. I added blue and orange sequins to the shaker well. The embossed background was cut down to be just smaller than the frame and adhered over the foam tape. The shaker panel was then adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase.
For decoration on the front of the shaker I cut the Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet from white cardstock and colored the inside of the balloons with the same Copic Marker colors as the embossed background.
I had the Gina K. Designs Balloon Trio Die sitting on my desk from a previous card. This time I decided to use the shadow layer. It was cut from white cardstock and colored orange with Copic Markers. The words "Happy Birthday" were also cut from white cardstock and colored a turquoise blue with Copic Markers. The two were adhered together with liquid glue. Dotliner adhesive was added to the back of the balloon bouquet and word shadow and adhered to the front of the acetate.
· Gina K. Designs Birthday Trio Die
· Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet
· Spellbinders Floating Balloons 3D Embossing Folder
· Copic Markers: YR18, YR16, YR14, YR12; YR07, YR04, YR02; Y19, Y17, Y15; BG57, BG49, BG53; BG15, BG13, BG11; BG34, BG32, BG10
· Mama Elephant Madison Avenue Framed Tags
· Doodle Bug Designs Tangerine Sequins Mix
· Pretty Pink Posh Tangerine Sequins
· Picket Fence Aqua Seas Sequin Mix
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock