Happy Birthday Balloon Background
For this card I pulled out the Photoplay Norbert and Tulla's Birthday Party Stencil and ink blended it with rainbow Distress Oxide Inks. When the ink blended was done it was cut down using a stitched rectangle die.
I knew I wanted to add the largest balloon from the Birch Press Designs Party Balloon on an angle on the card front. I originally thought about adding a blue balloon, but it covered up so much of the background that you could see the wonderful rainbow colors, so I decided to cut it from vellum and love the way it turned out.
My Favorite Things' Happy Birthday Script Die was cut from royal blue cardstock and adhered to the vellum balloon with liquid glue. White metallic cording was tied to the balloon for the the string. Liquid glue was placed on my finger and run over the string so that it could be formed into a loop and adhered to the background were the loop was formed. Tiny dots of liquid glue was added behind the word die cut to adhered the vellum balloon to the stenciled background.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the balloon panel, which was then adhered to the front of a top folding A2 cardbase.
· My Favorite Things Happy Birthday Script
· Photoplay Norbert and Tulla’s Birthday Party Stencil
· Birch Press Design Party Balloon Die
· Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Paper Studio Royal Blue Glitter Paper
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Cousin Metallic White Cord