Happy 71st Birthday Jerry
My older brother Jerry turns 71 a couple of weeks. His favorite colors are red and blue. I decided to create a striped background using two different blues and two different reds. I love the way it turned out. It definitely has a masculine feel.
I stamped the image from My Favorite Things Old Friends onto Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. The image has the gentleman holding a cane, but my brother Jerry is still pretty spry. I masked off the cane and had him hold the strings to the balloon instead. I used Honey Bee Stamp's Balloon Numbers Die to cut the number 7 and 1. Gold embroidery floss was tied to the bottom of the balloons for the strings.
I wanted to the striped background to show as much as possible so I used a smaller A2 Stitched Rectangle to cut a white panel to adhered to the focal image and balloons. The sentiment was stamped below with blue denim ink. The image and balloons were adhered in place with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. The same foam tape was used to adhered the white stitched rectangle.
I think this card turned out perfect for my wonderful big brother.
· My Favorite Things Old Friends
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Honey Bee Stamps Balloon Numbers
· Copic Markers: E79, E77, E59; E11, E01, E000; R39, R37, R32; B99, B97, B95; C8, C6
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· Gina K. Designs Blue Denim Ink
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot, Cherry Red, Blue Denim, and In the Navy Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· DMC Mouline Embroidery Floss Gold
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Strips 2