My granddaughter is turning 18 the first of the year. She loves all things soccer and so I went to Silhouette to find a soccer ball image that I could use to make a shaker card.
I cut a large soccer ball and nine smaller soccer balls from black cardstock. From the center of a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" white cardstock panel making it 1/16" larger than the black soccer ball. I cut some acetate 1/2" larger than the circle opening and adhered it to the back of the white panel with dotliner adhesive. I adhered the large black soccer ball over the opening with liquid glue. I scatter the smaller soccer balls around the quarter sheet panel with liquid glue, cutting off that which was overhanging the edges.
Since I was going to be hand delivering this card I used two layers of 3M 1/2" Foam Tape on the back of the panel around the opening and filled the center with white, gold, and silver seed beads and black sequins. I put the panel into a corner of my MISTI and removed the backing on the foam tape. A top folding cardbase was then adhered over the top of the foam tape creating the shaker card.
I went to my stash of previously hot foiled sentiments and selected a simple Happy Birthday that gold foiled on black and cut into a flagged sentiment strip. It was adhered in place with low loft foam tape.
I decided to add the number 18 into the center of the soccer ball and cut it from gold mirror cardstock and adhered it in place with liquid glue.
I love the way it turned out.
· Silhouette Cameo Soccer Ball Cut File (#1370)
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Gold Hot Foil
· Pink & Main Sentiment Label Die
· Office Depot Acetate
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Black 80# Cardstock from Stash
· Buttons Galore Shaker Bits
· Gold and White Seed Bead Mix from Stash
· Honey Bee Galaxy Sequin Mix
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape