Grid Background Poppy Perfection Happy Birthday
In the card kit was some colored pencil, so for this card I decided to use them to color the images. It was a pretty limited palette, so I pulled a few other pencils form another set I got in a card kit several years ago. There weren't any deep reds, so the flowers are definitely on the more orange color spectrum.
I used the coordinating die to cut out the images. The card kit comes with some great patterned paper. I found this grid paper and really liked out the flowers looked against it. I cut a panel down into a smaller rectangle and adhered it to a cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Whisper cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
The flowers were adhered with a combination of foam tape and liquid glue. The flowers in this set don't have very long stems, so I decided to add a strip of black to the bottom of the panel and stamp the sentiment on it. It was adhered with more foam tape. I really like the way it turned out.
· Simon Says Stamp Poppy Perfection
· Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
· Spectrum Noir Colorista Bright and Vivid Coloured Pencils: Pine Green, Fresh Green, Fiery Red, Orange Citrus
· Studio 71 Watercolor Acuarela Pencils: Black, Red, Deep Green
· Copic Marker E40
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Simon Says Stamp Ultra Fine Cream Embossing Powder
· Mod Scrap Spring Poppies Patterned Paper
· Gina K. Designs Whisper Cand Onyx Black Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive