Golden Confetti Background Happy Birthday to You
So I had the gold mirror background leftover from creating the confetti for my last two cards and I couldn't throw it away.
Red is my favorite color, so I ink blended a red background using Distress Oxide Inks and cut it just smaller than the confetti panel. I wanted to add some dimension behind the panel and the red cardstock so I cut the confetti panel out of red sticky back foam and adhered the two together by removing the backing paper, then the dimension panel was adhered to the red cardstock with liquid glue.
I wanted a large die cut sentiment and decided to use Gina K. Designs Birthday Trio die. The background was cut from white cardstock and ink blended with Lumber Jack Plaid Distress Oxide Ink. The sentiment was cut from more mirror cardstock. I hadn't used the background to this die before and wasn't aware that the "birthday" overlapped the "happy" so be sure an adhere the "happy" first when using the background.
Mirror cardstock as a panel is pretty, but kind of in your face. I wanted to tone it down a little. I tried a white and red cardbase, but eventually decided to use black. I also decided to add a swoopy balloon for additional interest that would draw your eye away from the background. At first I had the balloon center red, but since I had used a black cardbase I cut another balloon center from black and adhered it over the red. I also decided to use a secondary sentiment stamped on black cardstock. These two elements helped the black to coordinate better with the mirror panel.
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die
· Gina K. Designs Birthday Trio DIe
· C.C. Designs Birthday Palooza
· Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet Die
· Distress Oxide Inks: Lumber Jack Plaid, Candied Apple, Crackling Campfire
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Power
· Pink Fresh Studio Sentiment Strip Die
· Red Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock