Golden Accents Vase and Flowers For a Little Birthday Wish
This is another vase that I cut using the Silhouette Cameo from vellum. I ink blended the back with a light blue ink to give it the look of glass. I used flower dies from the Stamps of Life Mini Flower and ink blended them with Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks. The stems were cut from green cardstock using My Favorite Things' Fresh Cut Flower Dies. A few leaves were cut from green cardstock and a darker green inks was used to add shadows at the base.
A panel of white cardstock was cut using the Sizzix Rounded Tags Die. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back for dimension. The flowers were adhered to the stems with liquid glue and then arranged to be coming out of the vase. They were adhered in place on the arched panel with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape. The vase was adhered in place using dotliner adhesive. Tina Smith had shown in a video that the Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive does not show behind vellum and she was right!
To give the vase a table to sit on a thin strip of paper was embossed with a woodgrain folder. Distress Oxide Weathered Wood was gently blended on the surface to catch the grains of the strip. I didn't like the way the stems added a bulge to the vellum vase so I decided to disguise it by cutting some flowers from gold mirror cardstock, along with a thin strip and decorate the vase with gold embellishments. I really like the way it turned out.
The sentiment was stamped to the left of the vase and flowers with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold.
The final embellishments was to add yellow rhinestones from my stash to the center of each flower. The entire panel what adhered to a top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock, which is a soft gray. It was embossed with the Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
· Stamps of Life Mini Flowers
· My Favorite Things Fresh Cut Flower Die (Stems)
· My Favorite Things Twice the Wishes
· Silhouette Designs by Alla K 2 Vases
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Pearfection, Lilac, Orchid, Marine, Cadette, Peachy, Mandarin, Heather Violet, Watermelon, Cherry, Bubblegum, Sweets, Seafoam, Surf, Lemonade, Sunbeam
· Distress Oxide Weathered Wood
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Whisper Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Green Cardstock from Stash
· Yellow Rhinestones from Stash
· Stampin’ Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Sizzix Rounded Tag Die