Gold Hot Foil Peony Time to Celebrate
I really love the look of hot foil and when I pull out my Gemini FoilPress I tend to foil a lot of different images and sentiments at one time. This card uses the beautiful, large Peony from Picket Fence.
I get excellent results when foiling on Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock. The nice thing about foiling is that you get two images. The first is the image with its open areas and the next is the overfoil that give you a more solid gold image. This card uses both.
The peony has a coordinating die. Once it was cut out the peony was ink blended with three different pink inks. The leaf is an overfoil image from Pink Fresh Studio's Brighter Days.
To assemble the card a scalloped rectangle was cut and a soft texture was added with a stencil using a light blue ink. Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the peony and the sentiment strip. The scalloped rectangle was adhered to a landscape oriented A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The peony was laid on the panel to determine where to place the leaf, which was adhered with liquid glue. The peony and sentiment strip were then added by removing the backing paper on the foam tape.
· Picket Fence Studio Peony Hot Foil
· Pink Fresh Studio Hot Foil Brighter Days
· Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Gold Hot Foil
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Guava, Watermelon, Cherry, Seafoam
· Echo Park Fish Net Stencil
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock