Gold Hot Foil Brighter Days: It’s Your Day
When I hot foil I do a lot of images at the same time. I recently purchased the Pink Fresh Studio Brighter Days, which has some lovely flowers and leaves. I think I foiled it four times, and with the overfoiling I had a lot of flowers to use on cards. I also foiled some more dainty leaves and stems from Spellbinders.
For this card I selected three flowers and colored them with Copic Markers. I decided to pair them with this beautiful mosaic from Sizzix, which was cut from a stitched rectangle. To enhance the gold in the flower I backed the mosaic with gold mirror cardstock and adhered the two together with dotliner adhesive. I feel this adhesive works best when adhered to mirror cardstock. Liquid glue take quite a while to dry can shift and move around until it is set.
I decided to stamp the sentiment and add gold embossing. It was stamped in the lower right of the mosaic rectangle. I backed this mosaic rectangle with foam tape and added it to a landscape A2 cardbase.
The flowers were adhered with foam tape as well. At the last minute I decided to use a few leaf branches I had hot foiled gold previously.
· Pink Fresh Studio Hot Foil Brighter Days
· Spellbinders Glimmer Organic Foliage Hot Foil
· Sizzix Mixed Media 662688
· My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Birthday
· Copic Markers: R89, R85, R83, R81; YR23, YR21, YR20
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip