Get Your Happy On Queen Anemone
I love making cards and I make a lot of them, but I have more than I can use. I called one of our local assisted living centers and asked them if they could use some birthday cards. They said that would love them, they give cards to each of their residents on their birthday. So I went to work creating some cards for seniors.
This card uses Altenew's Queen Anemone Layering stamp. I used Altenew red inks for this flower, along with some red Copic Markers for the small flower stem. I didn't like the way the leaves weren't a solid color, so I used a light YG Copic Marker to color them in, leaving the other stamped layers showing.
I die cut a scalloped circle from white cardstock and laid the flowers and leaves on top to determine where to stamp the sentiment. Once the sentiment was dry the small flower sprig and leaves were adhered directly to the circle with liquid glue. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the anemone flower and adhered in place.
I decided I wanted a panel of black cardstock behind the focal image, but I didn't want it to be the entire card front. I stitched rectangle was used to cut a black rectangle, which dry embossed with a knitted embossing folder. It was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with liquid glue. I found liquid glue works best when adhered deeply embossed cardstock. Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black were added to the flower stamen.
· Altenew Queen Anemone
· Altenew Remember This (Flower Sprig)
· Penny Black Carefree Wishes
· Altenew Inks: Limeade, Fresh Leaf, Lime; Rouge, Crimson, Velvet
· VersaFine Claire Nocturne Ink
· Copic Markers YG17, YG03, YG01; R24, R22, R20
· Sizzix Texture Impressions Knitted
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things Stitched Mini Scalloped Circle STAX
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black