Foiled Wish Big on Your Birthday
This week I foiled some cards for our church area authority to send out for Easter. They were 5"x7" inches and I foiled a double rectangle around the message on the inside of the card. This left a lot of leftover gold foiling, which I saved to use later. Today I decided to put the leftover to good work.
I pulled out some text block dies from Papertrey Ink, which give a lovely outline. I used Copic Markers to color the inside of the letters and the border. I cut down the die sentiment using a rectangle die. I had to do a double cut to make the cut even on all sides. I liked the way it looked, but I wanted to add some visual interest so I dry embossed it using the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder, and liked it much better. I added gold mirror cardstock to the back of the panel and then sticky back foam to the back of the panel to add some dimension and adhered it to a side folding cardbase.
A clean and simple card.
· Papertrey Ink Text Block Birthday Horizontal
· Copic Markers: B99, B97, B95, B93, B91
· Crafter’s Companion Gemini Papercraft Gold Foil
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things Rectangle Die