Foiled Rainbow Balloon Bouquet Happy Birthday
My husband was recently called to work with the young men in our congregation or ward. He asked if I would be willing to make birthday cards for them as I do for the young women, and of course I said yes.
For this card used the Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet. I often use balloon on masculine cards. This die has such delicate lines for the balloon string I didn't think it would work well to fussy cut the image, so I placed it in the middle of a panel of white cardstock and foiled it with gold. I also foiled the sentiment at the bottom of the panel at the same time.
The balloon were colored with Copic Markers. I like dimension on my cards and wondered what it would look like if I cut and colored the balloons again and added foam to the back of the balloons and adhered them in place. I liked it, but I felt it made it harder to see the beautiful gold foiled outline.
The panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with Darcie Sticky Back Foam and liquid glue.
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles Die
· Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel
· Gemini Foilpress Papercraft Gold Foil
· Distress Oxide Inks: Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar; Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Candied Apple; Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade; Rusty Hinge, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade; Prize Ribbon, Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass; Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron
· Copic Markers: YR09, YR07, YR04, YR23
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle