Foiled Birthday Candles Happiest of Birthdays
As described in my previous card, I used background dies to create foiled background for cards. One of my favorites is the Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel. It gives a great celebratory feel to a card.
Since this die has a stitched border, for this card the foiled background was cut down using a regular rectangle, without stitched detail. It was adhered to a side folding cardbase with Darice Sticky Back Foam.
I foiled the candles from Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles. They were fussy cut out with scissors and then ink blended with Distress Oxide Inks. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of each and there were adhered in place on the card front with liquid glue. I know I didn't keep them in true rainbow order, but red if my favorite color and I wanted it at the center.
A foiled sentiment strip was added below the candles with foam tape and the card was done.
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles Die
· Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel
· Gemini Foilpress Papercraft Gold Foil
· Distress Oxide Inks: Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar; Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Candied Apple; Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade; Rusty Hinge, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade; Prize Ribbon, Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass; Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron
· Copic Markers: YR09, YR07, YR04, YR23
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle