Flower Pot with a Rainbow of Colors
I wanted to have some small flower dies that could be used as accents on cards and ran across a die set on Amazon from Anlan-Angel called Flowers and Leaves. I really like the flower bot that came with the dies and decided to purchase it. I'm glad I made the purchase.
I die cut all the flowers, leaves, and pot from Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers in a rainbow of colors. I also traced around the flower pot and fussy cut a backing to the pot, coloring it a darker terracotta brown. I wanted to have some stems for the taller flowers in the bouquet so I pulled out an old die set I have from My Favorite Things called Fresh Cut Flowers. I found the easiest way to arrange the flowers in the pot was to add foam tape to the back of the pot and then add the flowers and stems. The foam tape kept them in place as each flower was added.
To assemble the card I had some woodgrain cardstock sitting out from Photo Play Tweet Tweet and die cut a rectangle with a stitched die and adhered it to a top folding card. To give a neutral background behind the flowers and pot a scalloped rectangle was cut from white cardstock and the sentiment was stamped to be just underneath the flower arrangement. It was then dry embossed with the Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder. The flower arrangement was adhered in place on the scalloped rectangle by adding a little glue to the foam tape at the back that was covered in flower stems. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the scalloped rectangle and adhered on the woodgrain card front.
The final embellishments were to add gold rhinestones to the center of the flowers and some small butterflies cut from gold mirror cardstock scattered around the flowers.
· Anlan-Angel Flowers and Leaves
· My Favorite Things Fresh Cut Flowers
· Altenew Statement Flower
· Copic Markers: B26, B24, B21; BG18, BG13, BG11; R29, R27, R24; V09, V06, V04; Y19, Y17, Y13; YR18, YR15, YR12; RV23, RV21, RV02; YG17, YG03, YG01; E59, E57, E39; E99, E97, E13
· PhotoPlay Tweet Tweet Cardstock
· Gina Marie Designs Stitched Scalloped Rectangle
· Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Yellow Rhinestones from Stash
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Martha Stewart Butterfly Trip Punch
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 1203# White Cardstock