Flower Cake Have a Sweet Day
For this card I stamped Simon Says Stamp You Are Background onto a quarter sheet of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock and heat embossed it clear. I then laid the panel onto some paper towel and tapped Ken Oliver Color Burst Powder in purple, green, and ultramarine blue onto the panel and spritzed it heavily with water and set it aside to dry.
For some reason there was a large clump of embossing powder on the right side of the panel, so I took rectangle die to cut it down small enough to eliminate that portion of the background. When I went to assemble the card it fit perfectly into the center of a panel that had been cut using the Gina Marie Designs Stitched Scalloped Rectangle. The watercolor background was adhered with dotliner adhesive. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the scalloped rectangle and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase.
I am always looking for stamps that will make good birthday cards, since that is by far the type of card I make most. I recently purchased this Impression Obsession Floral Cake Slice and decided to use it on this card. I stamped the slice of cake and the sentiment with Distress Oxide Faded Jeans Ink and heat embossed it clear. I then tapped the same Color Burst Powders that were used on the background onto a palette, spritzed them with water, and used a watercolor brush to color the image. I then fussy cut out the image, added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape to the back and adhered it to the lower left of the card.
· Simon Says Stamp You Are
· Impression Obsession Floral Cake Slice
· My Favorite Things Delicious Birthday
· Ken Oliver Color Burst: Orchid, Phthalo Green, Ultramarine Blue
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Distress Oxide Faded Jeans Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die