Flower Bouquet on Alcohol Ink Background
I pulled out my alcohol inks the other day and made a lot of background. I always love the vibrancy of these inks. I am frugal where I can be and don't use the expensive Yupo Paper, instead I use the backside of Kirkland's Glossy Photo Paper, it works wonderfully. I am not going to list the exact colors of alcohol inks I used, because I don't want to discourage you from using what you have. It doesn't matter what purple or blue or green you use. The only drawback about creating these backgrounds is that they are so beautiful you don't want to cover them up. I've tried to use them in unique ways.
I had a green alcohol ink background leftover from making a green panel to use for leaves and stems on another card. I decided it would be pretty as a background to the flower bouquet made using some Hero Arts products. It was there January 2020 Monthly Hero Kit and sold out quickly. They recently reissued dies, but you need to purchase two separate sets to get everything that was in the monthly kit.
I die cut the flowers and leaves from Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and colored them using Copic Markers. The die set includes a flower bouquet wrap. I cut it from vellum and folded on the scored lines. Vellum is hard to adhere because you can see anywhere you add glue through the vellum, so I decided to add a butterfly from the die set and adhered it to the top edge of the sleeve and added the glue behind. I decided to stamp the sentiment on the other edge with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold.
I arranged the flowers and leaves on my desk top and then transferred them into the sleeve, adhering them with liquid glue.
· Hero Arts January 2020 Monthly Hero Kit : Bouquet Accessories Fancy Dies and Envelope Accessories Fancy Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· Copic Markers: YG67, YG17, YG03; YG17, YG05, YG01; V17, V15, V12; BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11:Y38, Y35, Y32; RV17, RV14, RV13; R27, R24, R22; YR24, YR23, YR20; Y17, Y15, Y13
· Ranger Alcohol Green Inks and Gilded Alloy
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Bazzill 40# Vellum
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Green Cardstock from Stash
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder