Floral Patterned Butterfly Happy Birthday to You
I had patterned paper leftover from my previous card and didn't want to throw it away. So, I decided to make a butterfly card using the largest butterfly from the Paper Artists 3 Butterflies die. A smaller butterfly was cut using the Memory Box Isabella Butterfly die. Smaller butterflies were cut from plain purple paper using the Martha Stewart 3 Butterfly Punch.
A panel of white cardstock was cut using a scalloped rectangle and then dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. I love the way the texture of an embossing folder add so much visual interest to a card.
The butterflies were adhered in place with liquid glue on the body of the butterflies and Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape underneath the wings. The smaller butterflies were scattered around the two largers ones. The Paper Artist butterfly did not have a separate die for the body, so I decided to use white pearls. I really liked the look and used pearls for all the butterfly bodies.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink onto some vellum and heat embossed silver. It was cut into a thin strip and wrapped around the lower portion of the scalloped rectangle and adhered in place with a little Scotch Tape.
Leftover purple cardstock was used to create a top folding A2 cardbase. The focal image panel was adhered in place with liquid glue and the card was done.
· Simon Says Stamp Modern Rose Blooms Background
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Memory Box Isabella Butterfly
· Paper Artists 3 Butterflies
· Martha Stewart 3 Butterfly Punch
· Purple Cardstock from Stash
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Vellum
· White Pearls from Stash
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive