Floral Doodles Birthday Wishes
My crafty friend showed me a card she made using the new Altenew Floral Doodles. I love the dies and ordered them shortly thereafter. This is the first card I made using these dies.
The base of each flowers was cut from 80# Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock and the outlines from 110# Neenah. The outlines are very delicate and I needed to use a metal shim to get a clean cut.
I ink blended the base of each flower with two colors of Distress Oxide Inks. Large blending brushes were used for the lightest color and a mini blending brushes to concentrate the darkest color into the center of the flower. The outlines were then adhered in place with liquid glue.
A scalloped rectangle was cut from white cardstock and adhered to a side folding cardbase with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. The flowers and leaves were arranged and then Press 'n Seal was used to keep them together while I turned them over to add liquid glue to the leaves, along with the yellow and pink flowers. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape added to the back of the two purple flowers for a little dimension.
When I am hot foiling a sentiment I usually used a large variety of sentiments and foil them all at once. Then I set them aside to be used later on a card. I picked out the Birthday Wishes banner and adhered it over the flower with both liquid glue and a little foam tape.
· Altenew Floral Doodles
· Spellbinders Glimmer Everyday Sentiments
· Distress Oxide Inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo; Shaded Lila, Villainous Potion; Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed; Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
· Gemini FoilPress Gold Foil
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banners
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# and 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock