Floral Bunch Thinking of You
I went to my completed card to find a thinking of you to send to someone I felt needed a little pick me up and only had one on had, so I decided to make some more. All-in-all I made seven different cards. They were all gold embossed onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth and watercolored with various mediums.
This is such a pretty floral stamp from Studio Katia, and fairly easy to color since it has big open flowers and leaves. I like the combination of pink and purple. The stamp leaves a lot of open space on the bottom of the card. I could have pulled out a larger die cut sentiment, but instead I decided to cut 3/4" inches off the bottom of the card front and add some black and white striped paper. I cut the paper to 1" and adhered it the bottom of the card front with liquid glue. To give a more finished look is used the smallest Simon Says Stamp Strips die to cut some gold mirror cardstock and add it above the striped paper.
The sentiment was stamped just above the gold stripped paper with VersaFine Claire Nocturne Ink, which is my favorite black it. You get a beautifully crisp image with one stamping.
I decided to use the coordinating die to cut out the bouquet, and cut it again from foam tape and adhered the two together. The arrangement was then adhered to the card front with liquid glue.
· Studio Katia Floral Bunch
· Altenew Thinking of You
· Karin Brushmarker Pro: 359 Magenta, 181 Lipstick Red, 247 Pale Violet, 281 Olive Green, 071 Lime Green
· VersaMark Ink
· VersaFine Claire Nocturne Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things Black & White Stripes Paper Pack
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Strips 1