Tulips are one of the first flower that arise in the spring. The signal the rebirth of another growing season. One of my favorite colors of tulips is yellow, they are so cheerful. This image is a Penny Black easy brushstroke stamp called First Waltz, so appropriate for the flower that is one of the first to bloom.
I used Arteza Real Brush Markers to color the image and only needed two different colors to create this lovely image. I usually only stamp one color at a time. You scribble the color down on the stamp and spritz it with water, then stamp. It usually take two or three times to get the depth of color that I want.
Once the stamping was dry I cut down the image with a stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment in the lower left of the card. Sticky back foam was added to the back and it was adhered to a top folding cardbase. Gold sequins were scatter at the bottom of the panel and the card was done.
· Penny Black First Waltz
· Clearly Besotted It’s Your Birthday
· Arteza Real Brush Markers: 128 Bumblebee Yellow, 150 Pea Green
· VersaFine Claire Nocturne Ink
· Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive