Fantasy Floral Birthday Wishes for Diane
Updated: Mar 5, 2021
I had an extra watercolor panel leftover from my previous card design. My sister Diane's birthday is coming up and her favorite colors include purple and blue, so I decided to use the background for her birthday card. The background had already been sized down with a stitched rectangle and heat embossed gold with Altenew's Patterned Play Diamond Background. It was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
I watercolored some Canson XL 140# Cold Press Cardstock with the same purple colors as the background, making sure that I had different depths of color. I also watercolored some green for leaves. I die cut the layers of the Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D Dies and adhered them together with liquid glue. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the flower and leaves, which were then adhered in the lower left of the card.
I decided to hot foil the sentiment onto a scrap of purple watercolored paper and cut it into a thin strip using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Die. Because of the layers of the flower and the thin foam tape that was behind it, the sentiment was adhered using a thin strip of 3M 1/2" Foam Tape. The final embellishment was to add some Spectrum Noir Clear Spark Pen to the flower and the card was done.
· Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D Dies
· Spellbinders Glimmer Everyday Sentiments
· Altenew Patterned Play Diamond Background
· Mijello Mission Gold Watercolors: Bright Clear Violet, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue No. 1, Sap Green
· Crafter’s Companion Gold Hot Foil
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Die