Fancy Cake Sweet Wishes
I've used this die before and really like it for a birthday card. Today, since I wanted a masculine card I cut the cake pieces from white cardstock and colored the pieces of the cake with Copic Markers. The cake was cut three more times from white cardstock and adhered together with liquid glue.
The sentiment was cut from white cardstock and colored with the same Copic Markers as the cake. It was cut three more times. The letters of the sentiment that would overlap the base of the cake were cut away and then the layers were adhered together.
Altenew's Bunch of Balloon 3D Embossing Folder was used to add depth and dimension to the back of the cake and sentiment. It was first cut down using a stitched rectangle die and then embossed. A panel of green cardstock was cut 1/8" larger than the balloon embossed panel and the two were adhered together with dotliner adhesive. The panel was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase. The cake and sentiment were then adhered in place with liquid glue.
· Pretty Pink Posh Fancy Cake
· Penny Black Sweet Wishes Die
· Altenew Bunch of Balloons 3D Embossing Folder
· Copic Markers: YG17, YG03, YG05; Y17, Y15, Y13; YR24, YR23, YR21; Y38, Y35
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Jelly Bean Green Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape