Enjoy Your Day Felicia
Since I knew I would be having knee replacement surgery and wouldn't be making cards anytime in the near future, I decided to make all the birthday cards for my young friends from church who would be having birthday to the end of the year. This card is for Felicia, whose favorite color is purple.
I love using this large Penny Black Enjoy die. I have filled the center of the large "O" with flowers, critters, and people. This time I decided to use a cupcake. I cut the liner from purple polka dot paper I had in my stash and the frosting from brown cardstock. Brown inks were used to add shading the frosting. Gold mirror confetti was added to the frosting as well. A purple candle was cut from some cardstock I had in my stash. The flame was colored with gold stickles.
Since this word is so large it can only fit on a landscape oriented card. As with most of my cards I wanted to add some visual interest behind the focal image. I cut down a narrow rectangle of white cardstock and dry embossed it the the Spellbinder's Diamond Plaid Embossing Folder. It was adhered in the center of the card. Two strips of purple cardstock were cut to be placed on both sides of the embossed panel. Gold lines were added using a metallic gelly roll pen and a ruler. I know a lot of people who would free hand the lines, but I have to have them straight. They striped strips were adhered in place with dotliner adhesive. I have some strips of gold mirror cardstock I cut previously using the Simon Says Stamp Strip 1 die. I pulled out a couple and adhered them to the edge of the embossed panel and the purple stripes strips with liquid glue.
The word "ENJOY" was cut from purple cardstock and ink blended at the bottom to add depth and dimension. It was cut again from purple sticky back foam. The two were adhered together by removing the backing paper on the foam. The word was then adhered in the center of the embossed panel with liquid glue and the cupcake was tucked into the center of the "O" and adhered with the same adhesive.
A secondary greeting was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. It was cut down with a sentiment label die. Foam tape was added to the back and it was adhered underneath the main sentiment.
· Penny Black Immense Enjoyment Die
· Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· My Favorite Things Cupcakes & Sprinkles Die
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa and Dark Chocolate Inks
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Spellbinders Diamond Plaid Embossing Folder
· Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic Gold Pen
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die
· Purple Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· The Paper Studio The Basics Patterned Paper
· Purple Cardstock from Stash
· Simon Says Stamp Strip I and II Dies
· Ranger Gold Stickles