Delicate Flowers Happy Birthday
Simon Says Stamp makes lovely flowers stamps. It's probably why I have so many.
I like to take a regular background die and use it with my hot foil system. It creates really delicate backgrounds. When I am foiling I make a lot and then keep them in a ziplock bag to use later.
This card uses a stud dot foiled background to showcase the pretty flowers. It was cut down with my trimmer, but when I went to the place it on the card front I decided to add a thin gold border. I cut the mirror cardstock with an A2 rectangle and then cut the gold foil stud dot argyle pattern to be 1/8" smaller. The two were adhered together with dotliner adhesive. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back to add a little dimension.
The flowers and leaves were stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. They were colored by ink blending Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturate Inks onto the images and then die cut with the coordinating dies. The leaves and pink flower were adhered with liquid glue. The blue flower with one layer of foam tape, and the yellow flower with two layers of tape.
When I am foiling I also create a lot of sentiment and put them in a ziplock back to pull out for future cards. I used this Happy Birthday sentiment strip and adhered it in place with foam tape as well.
· Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers
· Spellbinders Mini Everyday Sentiment
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Sage, Pine, Rose, Peony, Cherry, Lemonade, Sunbeam, Seafoam, Surf
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Gina Marie Design Stud Dot Argyle
· Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Gold Foil
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Die