Deepest Sympathy for Carolyn
I saw a card created by Sharon Peters that used the Spellbinders Be Bold Bouquet dies. I loved he colors and layout and decided to case it for creating this card. My layout is a little different, but overall her lovely card inspired this one.
I pulled out some light pink, blue, purple, yellow, and green cardstock and cut out the flowers, leaves, stems, and flower centers. I pulled out some inks to ink blend the edges, giving them a little color variation and dimension. I added purple ink to the blue flowers and pink ink to the lilac. The flowers layers were adhered together and then to their corresponding stems with liquid glue. The flower centers were also adhered with the same glue.
A pretty rectangle of white cardstock was cut using a Little B Frame die and then ink blended with a light grey ink using a burlap stencil. It was adhered with low loft foam tape to a top folding gray cardbase.
I played around with the arrangement for quite awhile to get it the way I liked it. I find this the most time consuming part of creating a flower bouquet card. Once I had them the way I liked I held them in place with Glad Press 'n Seal so that I could adhered the different layers. Everything was adhered with liquid glue with the exception of the small pink flowers. They were adhered with a small square of low loft foam tape.
The sentiment was a previously hot foil one from Spellbinders that had been cut with a notched sentiment label. It was adhered with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape. Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen was used on all the flower petals and the card was done.
· Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Gold Hot Foil
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Bubblegum, Lemonade, Sunbeam, Marine, Lilac, Sprout, Fairway
· Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores and Lemon Tart Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Jelly Bean Green and Moonlit Fog Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Lavender and Cotton Candy Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Tim Holtz Burlap Stencil
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Pink & Main Sentiment Label Die
· Little B Frames Die
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen