Cupcake It’s You Birthday Arch Border
I used two different stitched arch dies to create this frame. I really like the way the die adds stitching to both side of the die cut. Sticky back foam was cut down to add behind the arch frame. Originally I thought I would just use the arch, but I decided to use the inside of the arch to place a cupcake. A piece of leftover striped paper was cut and adhered to the bottom of the arch with dotliner adhesive. I had a thin strip of gold mirror cardstock leftover from a previous card and it was adhered at the seam of the striped paper with liquid glue. The sentiment was stamped on the bottom of the arch frame with blue ink.
I originally thought I would use some smaller candles, but I decided to use a die cut cupcake instead. It was cut from blue and yellow cardstock, the two were adhered together with a thin strip of liquid glue on the top of the cupcake liner. Foam tape was added to the back of the cupcake, which was adhered above the striped paper on the arch.
A rectangle of blue cardstock was cut using a stitched die. It was adhered to a top folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The bottom of the panel was ink blended to add some shading. Strips of foam tape was added to the back of the frame. It was adhered to the middle of the blue rectangle with liquid glue. The center of the frame was adhered with liquid glue.
I felt like the card needed a little more visual interest. I have a small bowl on my desk with leftover gold mirror confetti and scattered a few around the top of the blue panel and adhered with liquid glue.
· My Favorite Things Cupcakes & Sprinkles Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitched Arch Dies
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Royal Ink
· My Favorite Things Party Time 6x6 Paper Pad
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· My Favorite Things Cornflower Cardstock
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive