Cosmos Happy Birthday
I love the way this card turned out. The colors and so bright and made me think of spring. I stamped My Favorite Things Happy Birthday Background onto a quarter sheet of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it clear. I used Ken Oliver Color Burst Watercolor Powder in Tangerine, Marigold, Chartreuse, and Lime Green by tapping them lightly and then spritzing heavily with water to make the colors blend. The panel was set aside to dry.
I recently purchased the Altenew Craft-a-Flower Cosmos dies and decided to use them on this card. I took some more Bristol Smooth Cardstock and colored them with the same watercolor powders as used in the background, making sure I had different depths of colors for the layers on the cosmos. I also used a little bit of yellow watercolor for the flower centers. The layers of the flowers were adhered together with liquid glue. The stems were added to the back of the flowers and the leaves were adhered to the back of the stems. The back flower was adhered directly to the watercolored back with liquid glue and Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the front flower and adhered in place.
I used a scrap of the orange watercolored cardstock to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. A Pink & Main Sentiment Strip was used to cut out the sentiment, which was adhered with three small strips of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
· My Favorite Things Happy Birthday Background
· Altenew Craft-a-Flower Cosmos
· My Favorite Things Balloon Bundle
· Ken Oliver Color Burst: Tangerine, Marigold, Chartreuse, Lime Green
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· VersaMark Ink
· Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle