Cookie Corner Sweet Treat Box Delicious Birthday
This is the second card I made with Spellbinders Sweet Street Dies designs by Tina Smith. This card uses the Sweet Treat Box. I really like this die because I often take cookies to my neighbor and friends.
I cut the box from some flowered paper and carefully folded back the top of the treat box opening on the score line. I cut some acetate to go behind the window. I originally thought of heat embossing the sentiment on the acetate, but I didn't have any that was heat resistant and that didn't work out. I adhered the acetate with double-sided tape. I created a frame to go around the inside of the window to cover up the tape and adhered it in place with liquid glue.
I stamped the sentiment at the top of the box with Distress Oxide Candied Apple Ink and heat embossed it clear. To help it stand out a little better I used a the Copic Marker E55 to add a shadow to the sentiment.
All of the cookies use Gina K. Designs Kraft Cardstock. There are some cute die cut decorations for the cookies. Some with swirls, or crisscross frosting. Others have die cuts for chocolate chips or sprinkles. There are also some great clay multi-colored sprinkles that you can add to the top of a cookie. There is a die that allows you to have a bit mark out of a cookie, but I forgot to use it. Six cookies will nestle inside the treat box.
To adhere the treat box to a my card front I added foam tape to the edges of the box. I used both 3M and Big Mama Foam tape so that there was enough dimension that the lid of the box would close with the clay sprinkles on a cookie.
· Spellbinders Sweet Treat Box
· Spellbinders The Cookie Corner
· My Favorite Things Sugar Coated Sentiments
· Distress Oxide Candied Apple Ink
· Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
· My Mind’s Eye Hello Gorgeous Paper Pad
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft, Red Velvet, Asparagus, Dark Chocolate Cardstock
· Yellow Cardstock from Scraps
· Office Depot Acetate
· Copic Marker E55
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Be Creative Double-sided Tape
· Spellbinders Sweet Sprinkles