This is the third card I made using Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Coneflower. This time I decided to use the flowers and leaves only. When I was looking at images of coneflowers I saw a lovely one with deep orange centers fading to yellow at the ends and decided to use that color scheme on this card.
I cut all the elements of the flowers and leaves from white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. I love the way they turned out, so striking with with variation in colors.
I cut a rectangle from white cardstock using the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle die and dry embossed it with the Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. I laid the flowers and leaves on the panel to determine placement, leaving room in the lower left for the sentiment.
I used the die only from Honey Bee Stamps Bitty Busswords and colored it with the same colors as the flowers. It was also cut from sticky back foam, cutting the word from the paper side of the foam so that you could adhere the two together by removing the protective paper. The secondary sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink.
The leaves were adhered in place with liquid glue, along with the upper flower. The lower flower was adhered using a couple of strips of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. Nuvo Crystal Drops in Dark Walnut were added to the flower centers and the card was done.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Coneflower
· Honey Bee Stamps Bitty Buzzwords
· Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy
· Copic Markers: YR09, YR07, Y38, Y35, Y15; YG67, YG17, YG03; E39, E37, E35, E59
· Memory Box Matinee Rectangle
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing folder
· VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Dark Walnut