Coneflower As Amazing as You Are
When I saw the new Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Coneflower I immediately went and purchase it. I loved the look of this layered flower.
I cut all the layers and leaves from white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. The die does not come with stems and I wanted to add them to the flowers for this card, so I pulled out the stems from the Altenew Craft-a-Flower Cosmos and cut them from white cardstock and colored them the same as the leaves.
It is easy to assemble the flowers, you just line up the center portion of each layer and adhere them together. For these flowers I used Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape for two of the layers, adding it to only the flower centers. I used my fingers to curve the petals on the flowers for added dimension and realism.
I wanted to add some visual interest behind the flowers and embossed a panel of cardstock using the Altenew Dotted Swirls Debossing Plate and cut it down to leave a small border around the panel when it was adhered to a top folding cardbase. The flowers, stems, and leaves were adhered to the front of the panel with liquid glue.
When the card was done, I liked it, but it was just kind of blah. It needed something. I decided to cut a thin frame from emerald green cardstock using a Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle and carefully adhered it to card front. This was just the pop of color the card needed. The only problem was that I didn't use a rectangle die to cut the embossed panel and it isn't a perfect fit, but it isn't very noticeable and the border added so much to the card.
I stamped a sentiment from the new Honey Bee Stamps Inside: Birthday Sentiments. The stamp set has coordinating dies and really allows you to use them on the front of a card as well. It was stamped with VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink, cut out with the die, and adhered over the stems of the flowers.
The final embellishment was to add small dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Dark Walnut to the flower centers.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Coneflower
· Altenew Crafts-a-Flower Cosmos (Stems)
· Altenew Dotted Swirls Debossing
· Honey Bee Stamps Inside: Birthday Sentiments
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle
· Copic Markers: R29,R27, R24, R22; E74, E39, E08, E07; G46, G24, G43
· VersaFine Clair Pinecone ink
· WorldWin Papers Dark Emerald Green Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Ranger Multi Medium Matte
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Dark Walnut