I saw a card made with the Spellbinders January 2023 Club Blooms die and loved it. However, it was out of stock when I went to purchase it so I placed myself on the wait list, but I didn't think I would be able to get it because usually the monthly kits aren't restocked. To my happy surprise this one was and I purchased it right away. I love the etched details on the die cuts.
I began by cutting the flower and leaves from colored cardstock and then used Copic Markers to add shading. I decided to use gold flower centers, with a dark brown for some of the layers and think it really made the flowers beautiful.
When I arrange flowers for a card front I take a quarter sheet of white cardstock and being laying thing in a configuration I like. When using a lot of different flowers this is usually what takes me the longest. I fiddle quite a while before I eventually get to something I like. When everything is done, to ensure that it remains the same as the finished detail I pull out some Glad Press 'n Seal to pick up the arrangement. This allows me to pick up the arrangement and add adhesive behind it and place it back on the card front perfectly.
I have recently seen quite a few designers using dark cardstock behind their flowers and decided to give it a try. I cut a quarter sheet of dark brown cardstock, debossed it with Altenew's Dotted Swirls and adhered it to the front of my cardbase. The flowers and leaves were adhered in place with liquid glue. I love the dramatic look that a dark background adds.
I didn't want the sentiment to be white or black against the brown cardstock, so I took a small leftover strip of brown cardstock and hot foiled the sentiment in gold. These are new hot foil sentiments from Couture Collections. They come with some really pretty shaped sentiment strips. It was adhered to the bottom right of the card with low loft foam tape.
· Spellbinders Club Blooms January 2023
· Couture Collection Sending Love Hot Foil Sentiments
· Gemini Gold Hot Foil
· Copic Markers: YR09, YR07; YR18; B25, B24; G99, G94, G82; YG67, YG17; YG67, YG63; YG99, YG95; YG97, YG93; Y15
· Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores and Lemon Tart Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Dark Chocolate, Grass Green, Tangerine Twist, Tomato Soup, Coral Reef, Powder Blue Cardstock
· Altenew Dotted Swirls Debossing Plate
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive