Cistus Flowers Enjoy Your Day
When I was researching colors for the cistus flowers most of them were white. I saw a lovely one that had a pale pink edge and decided to use that color scheme on this card.
I cut the first two layers from white cardstock and the top from a pale pink cardstock in scraps. A pale yellow was used for the stamen. This time I adhered all the layers together with liquid glue. Ranger Crystal Stickles was used on the stamen to add a little sparkle. I decided on a landscape orientation for this card, using three of the cistus flowers and five leaves. I arranged them the way I liked and then used Glad Press 'n Seal to keep them together to place on the card front.
I experiments with a lot of different cardbases and eventually settled on Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock. A panel was cut with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle that was the same size as an A2 cardbase. It was dry embossed with the Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and then adhered to a white cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The leaves and back flower were adhered with liquid glue. The second flower with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape, and the front flower with 3M 1/2" Foam Tape.
The sentiment was stamped onto Gina K. Designs Slate Cardstock and heat embossed white. It was cut into a flag banner using a Pink & Main Sentiment Strip and adhered to the lower right of the card with foam tape.
· Altenew Craft-a-Flower Cistus
· Hero Arts Birthday Messages
· Copic Markers: RV000, RV00, Y00
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Pink, Green, and Yellow Cardstock from Scraps
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Slate and Whisper Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle
· Ranger Crystal Stickles