Cistus Flowers Enjoy
I created this card with my daughter in mind, her favorite color is blue. While I didn't see any blue cistus flowers when I googled them, the thing I like about cardmaking is you can make a flower any color you want.
I went to my scraps of blue and green cardstock. I couldn't find three colors of blue that I felt went well together, so for the second layer I used the lighted cardstock and ink blended Gina K. Designs Sea Glass Ink to make it slightly darker. I did the same for the green cardstock used for the leaves, ink blended Gina K. Designs Applemint ink on the lighter green cardstock. When layering the flowers I added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape between the base and second layer to add some dimension to the flowers. For the stamen I used white glitter cardstock.
To assemble the card a rectangle of navy blue cardstock was created using a stitched rectangle die. It was then run through the Big Shot with the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder. It was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The leaves and back flower were adhered with liquid glue and the top flower with Big Mama Foam Tape.
The sentiment was die cut from silver mirror cardstock and adhered to the bottom right of the card. I really like the look of these flowers.
· Altenew Craft-a-Flower Cistus
· Simon Says Stamp Painted Enjoy
· Gina K. Designs Sea Glass and Applemint Inks
· Blue and Green Cardstock from Scraps
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight In the Navy Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Studio White Glitter Cardstock
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder