Checker Board Thank You
While I was going through my patterned paper I found this great checkerboard woodgrain paper. It was cut down with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle that is the same size as a A2 cardbase. It was adhered in place with dotliner adhesive.
I had a scrap of dark woodgrain paper leftover from a previous card and cut a square to be the background for the die cut "thank you" from Karen Burniston. It was cut three times and adhered together with liquid glue, and then adhered to the woodgrain square. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back for a little dimension.
When I went to place the sentiment square on the patterned paper I didn't like the way it looked. I went through my stamps to find a small thank you that would fit into the squares on the checker board patterned paper. Using a stamping block it was stamped multiple times with VersaMark Ink into the darker brown squares and heat embossed with white embossing powder. It was just what the card needed and the sentiment square was adhered in the center with liquid glue.
· Karen Burniston Thank You
· Simon Says Stamp Floral Bliss
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Copic Marker E43
· My Mind’s Eye Wood Designer Cardstock
· Jen Hadfield Home Made Warm & Cozy 6 x 6 Paper Pad
· Gina K. Designs Layering Weight and Base Weight Cardstock
· Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive