Celebrate with Cupcakes
Several years ago I took an Online Card Class where we stenciled a shaped repeatedly. I ran across a card I had created during that class and decided to use the technique again. I have created six different cards with this method.
Last night as I was lying in bed I thought about using the mini cupcake die from My Favorite Things to create a repeating shape. A stencil was made by cutting the cupcake liner and frosting from Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper. This makes a great stencil because it isn't too thick, but it holds up well to inking over and over again. You want to use the back of the paper for inking your shape.
I marked off the center of a quarter sheet of cardstock using a T-Square Ruler and a pencil. I then placed the cupcake liner stencil where I wanted it on the panel and inked the center cupcake, making sure to erase the pencil line before inking. I repeated this by shifting the cupcake liner to the left or right, overlapping the shape slightly and inked a rainbow of cupcakes. The frosting was ink blended with a light brown/vanilla ink.
The same colors of ink that was used on the cupcake liners was ink blended onto a scrap of cardstock and then the word "celebrate" was cut from the rainbow. It was also cut three times from black cardstock which were adhered with liquid glue. The rainbow die cut word was glued to the black cutout, off setting slightly so the black could be seen. It was adhered above the cupcakes with liquid glue. To tie in the black behind the rainbow word the rectangle panel was matted with black cardstock. The panel was adhered to a landscape cardbase with liquid glue.
· My Favorite Things Cupcake Maker
· My Favorite Things Celebrate
· Gina K. Designs Sweet Corn, Tangerine Twist, Red Hot, Powder Blue, Lucky Clover, Sandy Beach
· Copic Marker E40
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Powder
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# and 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive