Candles and Confetti Happy Birthday
I recently purchased these tall candles from My Favorite Things. I used a rainbow of My Favorite Things Cardstock to cutout the candles. The flames were cut from gold mirror cardstock.
I wanted something bright and colorful behind the candles and pulled out the Hero Arts Stream Stencil and ink blended a rainbow of colors in the streamers and confetti. It was cut down using a stitched rectangle die and then matted with gold mirror cardstock. Whenever I am matting a rectangle with gold mirror cardstock I cut another rectangle out of the center to be used on other projects. The mat was adhered using dotliner adhesive, and adhered to a top folding cardbase with the same adhesive.
Thin strips of sticky back foam were cut and adhered behind each candle and flame by removing the backing paper. For this card I also cut the wicks from white cardstock. All were adhered together with liquid glue. They were adhered to streamer rectangle with liquid glue.
The word "HAPPY" was cut from gold mirror cardstock and from sticky back foam. They were adhered together by removing the backing paper on the foam and then adhered to the streamer background with liquid glue. The secondary sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was cut down using a sentiment strip die and adhered in place with both liquid glue and foam tape.
· My Favorite Things Wish Big DIes
· Gina K. Designs Birthday Trio Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Hero Arts Stream Stencil
· Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· My Favorite Things Cardstock: Red Hot, Orange Zest, Lemon Drop, Cornflower
· Gina K. Designs Grass Green Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Cadette, Royal, Citrine, Sunbeam, Fairway, Field, Grapefrut, Mandarin, Cherry
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die