By the Sea Get Your Happy On
In the Gina K. Designs By the Sea stamp set there is a crane sitting on a piling that I have never used. I decided to use it to create this card.
The image was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink onto some ivory cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers. I looked up Cranes on the internet and a lot of them had a red crest to the front of the face above the beak. Once the coloring was complete the image was cut out using the Silhouette PIXScan Mat.
A rectangle of white cardstock was cut to be large enough for the image and a sentiment below the piling. To create a water scene the Simon Says Stamp Waves Stencil and the My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Edges Stencil were used. The waves were ink blended with Altenew ink and the clouds with Hero Arts Unicorn Ink. The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink.
I decided to use Gina K. Designs Sea Glass cardstock for the base of the card, but the image was almost the same color, so a thin border of tranquil teal was added to the back. To add visual interest behind the card the card front was dry embossed using the Stampin Up Hammered Metal Embossing Folder. The image was then adhered in place using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
· Gina K. Designs By the Sea
· Penny Black Carefree Wishes
· Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Hero Arts Unicorn Ink
· Altenew Tide Blue Ink
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Sea Glass and Tranquil Teal Cardstock
· Copic Markers: E17, E15, E13, E31, E30; YR24, YR21, YR20; W5, W3, W1, W0; R29, R24; C9, C7
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Stampin’ Up Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Waves Stencil
· My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Edges Stencil