Bold Blooms Every Age is the Perfect Age
This is the second card I made with the My Favorite Things Happy Occasions Card Kit. This time I used orange and yellow cardstock for the flowers, along with green for the leaves.
This time I decided to arrange the flowers around an oval. I decided to use this beautiful braided oval from Pink Fresh Studio. It adds some lovely visual interest to a card.
The flowers and leaves were arranged around the bottom left of the oval and then picked up with Glad Press 'n Seal. Everything except the largest flower was adhered with liquid glue. Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the largest flower and it was adhered in place. Rhinestones were added to the centers for additional interest.
I added some removeable adhesive to the mat of the MISTI to hold the oval in place while stamping the sentiment. I should have stamped before adding the rhinestones, but it turned out okay, a little overstamped, but as Gina K. would say, "better than horrible."
When I am layering white on white I like to add visual interest to the background. I pulled out the Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder and embossed the front of an A2 cardbase. Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the oval, liquid glue was added to the strips to allow some wiggle room when placing the oval, and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things Bold Blooms and Bold Greenery Die
· Penny Black Good Wishes
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· My Favorite Things Paper: Orange Zest, Lemon Drop, Jalapeno Popper
· Copic Markers: YG99, YG97, YR09, YR07, YR04
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder
· Pink Fresh Studio Braided Oval Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Orange and Yellow Rhinestones from Stash
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive