While most poppies are red, orange and yellow, there are actual blue poppies call Himalayan Blue.
I pulled out this pretty die from Spellbinders and decided to watercolor them with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers. The die set has a base die of the flowers and leaves and then there are die cuts for the flowers and some of the leaves that can be layered over the base. They were adhered in place with small pieces of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
Once the watercoloring was done the flowers looked a little flat, so I took a very small brush and added veins to the petals and leaves and liked that look much better. I decided to make the center of the flower a golden color and added Nuvo Golden Sunset Glitter Drop as well.
To assemble the card Altenew's Watercolor Stripes Die was cut from Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock and adhered to a top folding A2 white cardbase. I love the way these two colors give a soft visual interest.
The sentiment was stamped with black in on the last wide strip of the die. The flower cluster was adhered with liquid glue. At the last minutes I decided to scatter Hone Bee Stamps Lake Blue Droplets in a cascade around the flowers.
· Spellbinders Poppies Die
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 037 Cornflour Blue, 061 Light Brown, 047 May Green, 041 Light Green
· Nuvo Golden Sunset Glitter Drops
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Watercolor Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Whisper Cardstock
· Altenew Watercolor Stripes Die
· Honey Bee Lake Blue Droplets
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue