Blue Camellias Happy Birthday
Updated: Mar 5
One thing I like about making handmade cards is that you can color a flower anything you want. There aren't too many blue flowers out there, but there is a rare blue camellia and so that is the color I used to color this new stamp from Altenew.
I stamped the image onto 80# Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Copic Markers were used to color the image.
Once the coloring was complete I cut down the image using a stitched rectangle and matted it with black cardstock. I usually use add sticky back foam to the back of my focal images, but this time I decided to adhered the panel directly to a top folding cardbase.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was adhered to the lower right of the card front with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
The final embellishment was to add some glossy accents to the berries and the card was done.
· Altenew Paint-a-Flower Camellia
· My Favorite Things Balloon Bundle
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: B18, B16, B14, B12; Y35, YR04, YR02; YG67, YG17, YG03
· Simon Says Stamp 100# Black Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Ranger Glossy Accents
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle