My youngest sister has a birthday next month. Her favorite color is blue, so I pulled out this beautiful image from Spellbinders and hot foiled it with silver. The flowers were colored in various shades of blue, with the berries done in pink. When coloring was complete it was cut out using the coordinating die.
I decided to use the Avery Elle Horizontal Stripes Die. I love the circle opening in the center of the strips. It is the perfect place to nestle a flower arrangement. I cut thin strips of low loft foam tape and added it to the back of the strips and around the circle. I decided to add a little more visual interest by dry embossing the front of the cardbase with a textile embossing folder. The striped background was adhered to the card front by removing the backing paper on the foam. I used a little liquid glue on the foam tape to allow play time to get in perfectly in place.
Foam tape was added to the back of the center of the flower arrangement and it was then adhered in place by removing the backing paper.
The sentiment strip was the perfect size to fit on one of the stripes. It was adhered with a thin strip of foam tape as well.
The final embellishment was to scatter rainbow reflection rhinestone around the flower arrangement.
· Spellbinders Hexi-Gem Bloom Glimmer Hot Foil
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Silver Foilpress
· Copic Markers: B37, B34, B32; BG49, BG45, BG10, B000, B0000; B95, B93, B91; G97, G95, B93; B45, B41, 0; G28, G24, G21, G20; G46, G43, G40; YG67, YG17, YG03; Y15, Y13, Y11; R83
· Avery Elle Horiztonal Stripes Die
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Trinity Stamps Rainbow Reflections
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock