I've created a card using this die before where I inlaid all the petals on the chrysanthemums. I wanted to keep it fast and easy today. So, I die cut the flowers from the center of a quarter sheet card panel and then trimmed off 1/16" of an inch all around. The panel was then dry embossing using the Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. The edged of n A2 cardbase were protected with strips of Post-it Tape and then the front of the cardbase was ink blended with Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks in Lilac and Orchid. The opening for the flower image was laid in place until all the open areas for the flower were ink blended. It was then adhered in place with dotliner adhesive.
The flower image was die cut two more times from white cardstock and once again from gold mirror. All the layered were adhered together by using Simon Says Stamp Micro Dots Adhesive. This is an amazing product and makes adhering delicate layers together quick and easy. Once all the layers were adhered together liquid glue was added to the back of the outline and it was adhered into the opening on the card font.
I didn't like the 1/16 frame of white on white, so I pulled out some Copic Markers, protected the panel with post-it tape and colored the edges to create a narrow purple border. I liked this much better.
The die comes with three small butterflies. They were cut from white cardstock and colored purple with Copic Markers and adhered in place with liquid glue. The final embellishment was to scatter purple sequins around the flowers.
The sentiment was previously hot foiled. It as adhered in place with thin strips of foam tape.
· Memory Box Blooming Chrysanthemum
· Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Gold Hot Foil
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks Lilac and Orchid
· Copic Markers V09, V06, V04
· Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden Sequins
· Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Micro Dots Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner