I had a panel leftover from the previous card where I cut a Little B Frame from the center of a quarter sheet of sheet of black cardstock and decided to use it on another card. I love the look of black, white, and gold and decided to create a card with that color scheme.
I pulled out some patterned paper from my stash and cut three of the balloons from the new die set Hooray, It's Your Birthday from Papertrey Inc. The three balloons were adhered together with small dabs of liquid glue where they overlapped.
I decided to turn the card into a shaker. Acetated was adhered to the back of the black panel. Both low loft foam tape and 3M 1/2" foam tape was added to the back of panel. White and gold seed beads were added to the center, along with star and rectangle gold confetti.
A quarter sheet of white cardstock was dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder. It was cut down to be just smaller than the black panel and then adhered over the beads to the back of the panel to create the shaker.
Originally I thought of only using two balloons, due to the size, but I decided to cut one from black cardstock and adhered the sentiment to the center. The sentiment was cut from gold mirror cardstock and adhered in place with liquid glue. Black strings were added to the bottom of the balloons, which were then adhered over the acetate with liquid glue.
· PaperTrey Ink Hooray, It’s Your Birthday Dies
· Waffle Flower Balloon Ties Dies
· Simon Says Stamp It’s Your Day Die
· Little B Frames Die
· Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder
· The Paper Studio So Glam 12x12 Paper Pad
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Office Depot Acetate
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Square Gold Confetti from Stash
· Martha Stewart Gold Star Confetti
· Miyuki Seed Beads Gold