Black Plaid Make a Wish
This is the background I didn't use for my grandson's birthday card, but it needed to be put to good use. I wanted to keep it simple and let the pretty hot foil plaid background be the focal point.
To assemble the card I pulled out a frame of gold mirror cardstock from my scraps and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue. The plaid foiled background was adhered in place with dotliner adhesive, leaving a thin border of gold.
I had the black mirror cardstock still on my desk from the previous card and cut a circle using one of the Ellen Hutson Essential Circle Dies. This die cuts not only the circle, but a thin frame as well, so I cut it again from gold mirror cardstock. I cut it a third time from sticky back foam.
I stamped the sentiment onto the black mirror cardstock circle with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold. I trimmed down the foam circle and adhered it to the back and using liquid glued it to a cross point on the plaid background. Liquid glue was added to the back of the gold frame and it was adhered directly to the plaid background around the dimension sentiment circle.
· My Favorite Things Delicious Birthday
· My Favorite Things Little Birthday Notes
· Altenew Layered Plaid A Die
· Ellen Hutson Essential Circle Die
· Crafter’s Companion PaperCraft Gold Foil
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder
· MFB Black Mirror Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Metallic Gold Thread from Stash
· Gina K. Designs Onyx Black Cardstock
· Gina K Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Sion Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive