I had the black and white polka dot balloon outline leftover from the previous card and decided to use it on a card. I decided to keep it entirely black and white.
I wanted to add a little visual interest behind the balloons and decided to add a thin black frame created with an Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle Die. It was adhered to a top folding cardbase with liquid glue and then dry embossed using the Cuttlebug Polka Dots Embossing Folder. The balloon centers came from another card I made with a black balloon outline. Both were adhered to the card front with liquid glue.
The word "birthday" was cut from the leftover center rectangle three times, adhered together with liquid glue and then adhered over the balloon strings with the same glue. The secondary sentiment was stamped on a scrap of black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was cut into a flagged sentiment strip and adhered with a thin strip of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things Party Balloons Die
· WPlus9 Happy Birthday Die
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangles Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Paper Accents Black Polka Dot Patterned Paper
· American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue
· Cuttlebug Polka Dots Embossing Folder