Birthday Wishes Josh
My Grandson has a birthday this coming week. His favorite color is blue, with accents of red. I decided to use Simon Says Stamp Balloon Background and color the inside of the balloons different colors of blue, then on a few add red accents with a gel glitter pen.
I cut the balloon background three time from heavy weight white cardstock and adhered them together with Elmer's Craft Bond Spray Adhesive. The inside of the balloons were ink blended with various shades of blue ink. A red glitter pen was used to add some polka dots and stripes to a few of the balloons.
The front of an A2 cardbase was dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. I love the way embossing folder add visual interest to a clean and simple card. The balloon outline was adhered to the front of the card with liquid glue. The centers of the balloons were then adhered in place with liquid glue as well. At the last minute I decided to cut the background from dark blue cardstock and adhered it to the stacked outline balloons with liquid glue. I think it made it pop off the page and really liked the look. I decided to add some stickles to the bottom of the plain balloons.
The sentiment was hot foiled previously. I always foil extras and keep them in a zip lock back to use later. It was adhered over the strings in the balloons with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape.
· Simon Says Stamp Balloon Background Die
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Gold Hot Foil
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Royal, Cadette, Marine, Seafoam
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Blue Denim Cardstock
· Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic Red Pen
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Ranger Star Dust Stickles
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die